At the heart of Chisenhale Gallery’s programme is a remit to commission new work, supporting artists from project inception to realisation and representing an inspiring and challenging range of voices and art forms, based on extensive research and strong curatorial vision.
The Chisenhale Gallery Commissions Fund directly supports our annual programme of four major commissions. Over the next ten years Commissions Fund members will enable the production of at least forty ambitious projects by a new generation of exceptional artists. The Fund will ensure the gallery’s independent and cutting edge approach to programming while enabling artists to experiment, take risks and make bold new work.
Commissions Fund members form a dynamic group of our most committed supporters enabling the development of the gallery’s programme, contributing to the discovery of the most exciting artists working today and ensuring that those artists can flourish.
Commissions Fund members support with an annual donation of £10,000, for a minimum commitment of two years.
In return for this generous support Chisenhale Gallery offers Commissions Fund members:
- An invitation to the annual Commissions Fund Spring Lunch, including a presentation of the
forthcoming year’s commissions and the opportunity to meet artists in the programme.
- The opportunity to select one of the forthcoming commissions towards which your support will be directed, accompanied by named accreditation when the commission is exhibited at Chisenhale Gallery and any future presentations of the work at other venues.
- Opportunities to meet the artists during the production of new commissions.
- Invitations to events nationally and internationally with the Director and Trustees.
- The full range of benefits available to Directors Circle Patrons, including discounts and exclusive invitations to events and private viewings.
- Accreditation with each commission as well as acknowledgement on all publicity materials produced in conjunction with the commissions.
For more information about how to join please contact Ioanna Nitsou, Development Manager at email@example.com